Why is the name of your loyalty program MISSION by SH?
At SH Hotels & Resorts, we’re more than a hotel company, and our Loyalty Program is more of a mission. By joining, you’ll start your mission to do some good for others and yourself.
Does the program pertain to all hotels in the SH portfolio?
No, please see the program Terms & Conditions for our most up-to-date list. Currently participating are 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, 1 Hotel Central Park, 1 Hotel South Beach, 1 Hotel Toronto, and 1 Hotel West Hollywood, with additional hotels to follow.
What are the benefits of your program?
You can view benefits here.
Who can become a member?
Please view the program Terms & Conditions for complete information. The Loyalty Program is available to any individual who is at or above the age of majority in his or her jurisdiction and resides in a jurisdiction which legally permits participation in the Loyalty Program. After applying to the Loyalty Program, a membership account will be opened, and a membership number will be assigned to you. Upon receiving your membership number, you become a member eligible to earn Points.
What is the cost of your Loyalty Program?
The Loyalty Program is free.
What are the membership tiers?
|Seed||0 - 4,999 Points|
|Root||5,000 - 49,999 Points|
|Branch||50,000 - 74,999 Points|
How do I know what tier I am in?
When you log in, your tier will be listed within your profile on the right side of the screen. As you graduate to the next tier, we will email you a notification. Tier upgrades happen immediately upon qualifying (i.e. checking out from a stay that gets you to the spend requirement). Once a member has reached a certain Membership Tier, the member may keep such status for the remainder of the twelve month period (as calculated starting from the date of your enrollment in the Loyalty Program) and for the subsequent twelve month period (“Subsequent 12 Months”), even if the member earns fewer than the required number of points to maintain such Membership Tier during the Subsequent 12 Months. Solely for the purpose of calculating the member’s Membership Tier status, the member’s earned points are reset to zero points on the first day of each twelve month period, as calculated starting from the date of the member’s enrollment in the Loyalty Program.
Does my membership expire?
Yes. If you do not maintain an active status for five (5) consecutive years, your account may be deactivated. If your account is inactive for twenty four (24) consecutive months, that account will irrevocably forfeit all accumulated Points and Give Back Rewards. You can remain active in the Loyalty Program and retain accumulated Points by earning Points and Give Back Rewards in the Loyalty Program or redeeming Give Back Rewards in the Loyalty Program at least once every twenty four (24) months. Your membership tier will be recalculated one year from the date you signed up. If your total spend for that calendar year is lower than the tier requirement, you will be demoted.
• Tier 1 (Seed) - No level down or expiration on this tier. Once in Tier 1, always Tier 1 unless you level up.
• Tier 2 (Root) - Based on last 12 months based on sign-up date for renewal. Level down only to Tier 1 based on points.
• Tier 3 (Branch) - Based on last 12 months based on sign-up date for renewal. Level down only to Tier 1 or 2 based on points.
• Tier 4 (Bloom) - Based on last 12 months based on sign-up date for renewal. Level down to Tier 1, 2, or 3 based on points.
For example, a member achieves Branch (50,000+ points) during Year 1, so for remainder of Year 1 and Year 2 they are a Branch. In Year 2, the member only earns 25,000 points. For Year 3, this member will go down to a Root.
Can my membership be cancelled?
Yes, your membership can be cancelled by you or by SH Hotels & Resorts. For full details of the program, please see the program Terms & Conditions. Subject to applicable law, your membership in the Loyalty Program will terminate automatically upon your filing for bankruptcy or otherwise being subject to a bankruptcy proceeding. You may cancel your membership in the Loyalty Program at any time by sending written notice of cancellation to [email protected]. All Points and Give Back Rewards as well as achieved Membership Tier status, will be forfeited immediately and may not be reinstated or transferred. SH may cancel or suspend, in SH’s sole and absolute discretion, your accumulated Points, Give Back Rewards benefits, and/or Membership Tier Status at any time with immediate effect and without written notice, for any reason including, without limitation, if the SH believes you have:
• Acted in a manner inconsistent with applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances;
• Failed to pay any hotel or other bill when due to SH or a participating property;
• Acted in an inappropriate, fraudulent, abusive or hostile manner;
• Breached or violated any of these Terms-and-Conditions;
• Fraudulently claimed eligibility to earn benefits; or
• Engaged in any misconduct or wrongdoing in connection with the Loyalty Program including, without limitation, with respect to Points, Give Back Rewards usage, or any other Loyalty Program member benefits.
I forgot my password to my account. What do I do?
My email address changed. How can I update it if I don't know my password?
Please email [email protected].
How do I view my stay history?
Once you have logged into your account, click on Rewards History. Here you can view the history of your prior stays, Redemption History, as well as any pending rewards for your upcoming visits.
How do I request a credit for a missing stay?
Once you have logged into your account, click on Missing Rewards. Here you can provide the details for the stay that is not showing in your Rewards History. If you are still having issues, please contact the property where you stayed for further assistance.
How do I earn rewards?
Reward earnings are based off of your room rate. Upon signing up, you will start earning rewards on your first night staying with us with a qualified booking. As you continue to stay with us, you will graduate into higher tiers where you will earn points at higher percentages of your room rate. Give Back Rewards will be awarded up to thirty (30) days after checkout and your stay is validated. The Give Back Reward percentages are below, and are subject to change:
|Membership Tier||Give Back Rewards Percentage|
|Seed||1% Give Back Rewards|
|Root||2% Give Back Rewards|
|Branch||3% Give Back Rewards|
|Bloom||4% Give Back Rewards|
Membership Points are awarded based on the Qualifying Charges incurred by the member at participating properties. SH reserves the right to modify the number of Membership Points awarded per dollar of Qualifying Charges incurred. Please see the full program Terms & Conditions for details on the number of points earned per dollar and for more information.
Do all bookings qualify to earn rewards?
No. Please see the program Terms & Conditions for more details. In order for a stay to earn member rewards, you need to:
• Sign up for membership before you check-in to the hotel. You can book your reservation first and then join the program.
• Book a rate code that is accessible through our call center or publicly offered on our website without application of a discount code, travel agent code, or special negotiated rate code. These approved rates include Pay Now, Pay Later, Best Available, and Package rates.
• In addition to the publicly offered rates, you can book the rates SEED, ROOT, BRANCH and BLOOM depending on your tier, which will include property credits and other benefits. When you become a specific tier the booking instructions will be shared with you.
• Special notes:
- You need to use the same first name, last name and email that you used to sign up for membership.
- You must physically stay in the room.
- You can book up to three (3) rooms but must stay in one of the rooms and your name must be the Primary Guest so that your profile can earn credits on all of the rooms.
- Only one Member per guest room can earn Give Back Rewards. If there is more than one Member staying in the same guest room, the Member who pays the Qualifying Charges and is the main profile will be the only Member who receives Give Back Rewards.
What is a non-qualifying booking?
Rates are Non-Qualifying if they are booked using any of the following methods:
• Through a tour operator, online travel channel or other third-party channel including, without limitation, expedia.com, hotwire.com, priceline.com, orbitz.com, booking.com, and travelocity.com;
• At a group rate as part of an event, meeting, conference or organized tour;
• Through a wholesaler, or under a crew room rate, travel industry rate, organized tours or opaque package bookings;
• The guest room was complimentary;
• A voucher or third-party award; or
• Through a special government rate, negotiated rate, consortia rate, or special travel agency rate.
• If you are not physically staying on property.
Please see the program Terms & Conditions for more details.
Can I earn rewards off of incidental charges?
No. Non-Qualifying Charges, which do not qualify for Give Back Rewards, include (but are not limited to) any complimentary services, Points redemption Awards, promotional Awards or any other fees or charges including, without limitation: (A) charges for banquets, meetings or other functions; (B) other fees paid including, without limitation, parking, business center, retail stores, and other third-party services; and (C) room rate related taxes, service charges, gratuities, fees (e.g., late cancellation fee or no-show fees), mandatory or automatic charges (e.g., resort charges) and other applicable charges.
Do my past stays earn rewards?
Sometimes. Points and Give Back Rewards may be earned for Qualifying Stays with a check-out date within thirty (30) days prior to your enrollment in the Loyalty Program. If credit is not automatically reflected in your account, you may request it through the property where you stayed or through Member Support within thirty (30) days of the Qualifying Stay's check-out date, providing a copy of the paid receipt for the stay along with your request. SH may request additional documentation in order to provide a credit. First follow the steps to add a missing stay from your account:
• Once you have logged into your account, click on Missing Rewards. Here you can provide the details for the stay that is not showing in your Rewards History.
• If you are still having issues, please contact the property where you stayed for further assistance.
I stayed with a companion but want to earn rewards. Is this possible?
No, a “Qualifying Stay” means all consecutive nights a Member registers for, and personally pays and stays at any Participating Property, for which (i) the room is billed to the Member, or (ii) the guest room is direct billed to the company who has arranged payment for the Member’s stay that is not associated with a convention or group meeting.
How do I view my balance of earnings?
Once logged in, on the Stay for a Cause tab, your balance will be displayed on the top left of the main screen under the Share the Love section.
How can I redeem my rewards?
You can redeem your earnings in the following ways:
• Use your rewards to fund carbon offset projects like wind and solar energy generation or forest conservation and natural infrastructure.
• Enhance your stay by purchasing add-on In-Stay Experiences with your rewards.
• Self-payment via PayPal or Visa e-Gift Card (virtual card)
How do I redeem my rewards earnings to mitigate climate change?
Once logged in, click on “STAY IT FORWARD” towards the center of the screen and enter in the amount in the desired selection. Clicking on “SELECT” will redirect you to the next page where you will need to review and accept the terms. Once submitted, please check your inbox for an email in which you will need to confirm the donation. Donations will be processed quarterly.
What are carbon offsets?
Carbon offsets are an investment into projects that either increase the amount of clean energy available (such as solar farms), drastically reduce energy demand (like energy efficiency projects) or help to grow and protect natural areas that remove carbon from the atmosphere (think: forestry projects).
Which carbon offset projects do my donations support?
Mission by SH supports high quality and trusted projects around the world that share our mission of fighting climate change and protecting the planet, including:
• Protecting the American Wilderness: Preserving a Tennessee mountain forest, home to deer, black bears and endangered species. Learn More >
• Wind Power Project: Funds the generation of clean wind electricity for communities in India that otherwise rely on dirty fossil fuels like coal. Learn More >
• Rainforest Conservation and Agroforestry: Reforesting 5 regions of rainforest with mostly indigenous species and is sustainably producing timber and cacao. Learn More >
How do I redeem my rewards earnings as self-payment?
Once logged in, click on “Self Love” towards the center of the screen and enter in the amount in the desired selection. Clicking on “SELECT” will redirect you to the next page where you will need to review and accept the terms. Once submitted, please check your inbox for an email in which you will need to confirm the redemption. Lastly, you will receive an email from PayPal confirming the funds have been added to your account. For VISA cards, you will receive an email from My Digital Wallet in which you will be asked to create a profile to accept the rewards. A final email will confirm the redemption process is complete.
How do I redeem an in-stay experience?
For in stay experiences, you will click on SH Experiences towards the center of the screen and select the desired property. The following screen will show you the available options. Simply click “Select and Learn more” to redeem for the desired experience. Fill out / verify the required items and submit the order by clicking on the button at the bottom of the page. Once processed, please check your email for a copy of the voucher and booking instructions. The hotel may contact you to arrange specifics based on the redemption details using your contact information in your account profile. Please keep this voucher as you will be required to provide this voucher (printed or on your phone screen) at the property.
What are the available in-stay experiences?
These vary by property and can change based on availability. Please login to your member account and click SH Experiences to see the latest offerings.
If I redeem an in-stay experience but then cancel my stay, what happens?
If you cancelled your hotel stay per the cancellation policy, please email [email protected] or call 1-323-794-2714 to request the refund of rewards. Please note this process can take 1- 3 business days.
Can I cancel my Self Love or Pay It Forward reward redemption?
No, all orders are final once processed.
Do my rewards expire?
If your account is inactive for twenty-four (24) consecutive months, that account will irrevocably forfeit all accumulated Points and Give Back Rewards. You can remain active in the Loyalty Program and retain accumulated Points by earning Points and Give Back Rewards in the Loyalty Program or redeeming Give Back Rewards in the Loyalty Program at least once every twenty-four (24) months.
I have a question not answered here. Whom do I contact?
For questions about reservations or past stays, please contact the property.
For questions about rewards, please email [email protected] or call 1-323-794-2714.
For all other questions, please email [email protected].